African beads, taupe grey, handmade in Ghana's Krobo using old and traditional techniques
7 mm in size
holes about 2 -2.5 mm wide
you get nearly 70 on the strand
they come in really useful as spacers
dimensions are approximate and variations occur because they are made by hand
Sometimes when you purchase multiple items you end up paying too much postage. When this happens I will refund any extra postage to you.
If you are concerned about postage showing in your basket, contact me prior to purchasing for a more exact shipping quote.
When your order value is £20.00 or above, I strongly recommend using secure delivery by purchasing upgraded shipping. I obtain proof of posting for every order I send out. Where a customer has purchased standard shipping for orders over £20.00 I will not be held responsible should item go missing, once I provide proof of postage.
For items which already come with secure delivery and there is no need to upgrade your shipping service.
Where free delivery is offered, a standard, non-tracked service will be used and I strongly recommend purchasing a secure service if your order is over £20.00. Please email me if you're not sure how.
Card payment through Etsy or Paypal is the easiest method of payment. If you would like to make a bank transfer, please request details. If you opt to pay by bank transfer, kindly note your order may be delayed as payment has to clear first.
As I send items out on same day or next working day at the latest, cancellations need to be made as soon as possible, ideally within one hour of it being placed. Once sent out, orders cannot be cancelled, sorry.
I ship worldwide.
Your order will normally be sent by Royal Mail on the same day if cleared payment is received by 12 noon GMT. After this time, I to dispatch within one working day, not including weekends and Bank Holidays.
High value items will be sent by secure delivery
Where I think it is better value for money, I will send your parcel by courier and keep you informed. Some carriers will require your phone number and I will request this explaining why.
The cost of delivery is based on the weight and size of your package. I do not make a profit on this service; charges go towards the actual shipment plus a small amount to cover packaging.
Just contact me within: 3 days of delivery
Ship items back to me within: 14 days of delivery
Request a cancellation within: 1 hours of purchase
But please contact me if you have any problems with your order.
Because of the nature of these items, unless they arrive damaged or defective, I can't accept returns for:
Please contact me if you have any problems with your order.
You have 14 days after receipt of your order to return an item. Unless I have sent the wrong item or it has been damaged in transit, the customer pays return postage. Your refund will not include outward postage unless item is faulty or I sent the wrong one. This applies even if you change your mind, failed to read item details correctly, your address is incorrect or your parcel was unclaimed/courier could not deliver it.
Sorry I do not accept returns outside the 14 day period.
Please notify me first by a convo if you need to send an item back to me.
Please ensure items are packed securely, and obtain proof of posting so that in case parcel goes missing you can claim from carrier. On any customs declaration forms please indicate your return are "personal belongings" in accordance HMRC guidelines so they do not attract VAT or customs duty.
All costs incurred from Etsy's fees in relation to a returned order will be deducted from any refunds due you. Etsy charges a fee plus VAT for every item I list for sale. When you return an order and I refund you for the item value, these fees are not refunded to me.
FREE DELIVERY ITEMS
Return of free delivery items is at the expense of customer: customer pays return postage.
I will not be held responsible for orders sent to the wrong address through no fault of mine.
Fabrics cut to size cannot be returned unless I have sent a wrong or faulty item
Refunds will be made by the same means you paid us once I am satisfied with the condition of the returned item. Your refund will not include outward or return postage unless item is faulty or I sent the wrong one. This applies even if you change your mind, failed to read item details correctly or to collect securely sent items from carrier depot.
The cost of delivery is based on the weight and size of your package. I do not make a profit on this service; charges go towards the actual shipment plus a small amount to cover packaging and Etsy's processing fee of 5%. + VAT.
POSTAGE FOR MULTIPLE ITEMS
Sometimes when you buy several items, you may end up paying more postage than you should. When that happens I will refund some money back to your account
In doing my bit to save our planet's resources I will sometimes reuse packaging to send your items without compromising on quality.
Customers are responsible for paying all taxes applicable in their own country.
PERSONAL INFORMATION I COLLECT
To fulfil your order, you must provide me with certain information (which you authorised Etsy to provide to me), your name, email address, postal address, and the details of the product that you’re ordering. I do not see any of your financial information. When you order custom jewellery or other item, you may choose and need to provide me with additional personal information either by the options in the listing or by contacting me directly.
WHAT INFORMATION I COLLECT
From the information you give Etsy, I print your name and address to send your order, details which are then deleted. I do not save or keep this information. Your parcel then goes on to the delivery company. Proof of postage (receipts for accounting records) has only your address and post code, not your name, and I am obliged to keep for 6 years in in line with accounting requirements.
For some secure delivery services, the company requires your phone number and I will ask for this via email and explain to you why it is needed. When you give it, it is printed on the address label should the carrier need to notify you about your delivery. I do not keep a record of this, although it remains in the Etsy system. If you want this information deleted, please contact me and I will get in touch with Etsy about it.
In the course of my email correspondence with you I may need to contact you again, for example if an out of stock item becomes available again. I will ask your permission first and will only email you if you agree. I will email you if you agree for me to do so in order to update you on stock availability or other product or producer information.
Apart from the purposes outlined above, I do not use your data for anything else.
THE LEGAL BASIS ON WHICH I COLLECT, SHARE AND USE YOUR INFORMATION
Why I Need Your Information and How I Use It:
I rely on a number of legal bases to collect, use, and share your information, including:
• as needed to provide my services, such as when I use your information to fulfil your order, to settle disputes, or to provide customer support;
• using the Etsy email system (convo) I will communicate with you about your order and answer your queries to me.
• when you have provided your affirmative consent, you may revoke it at any time, such as agreeing to be emailed about new stock
• if necessary, to comply with a legal obligation or court order or in connection with a legal claim, such as retaining information about your purchases if required by tax law; and
INFORMATION SHARING AND DISCLOSURE
Information about my customers is important to my business. I share your personal information for very limited reasons and in limited circumstances, as follows:
• Delivery services as outlined above.
• Compliance with laws. I may collect, use, retain, and share your information if I have a good faith belief that it is reasonably necessary to: (a) respond to legal process or to government requests; (b) enforce my agreements, terms and policies; (c) prevent, investigate, and address fraud and other illegal activity, security, or technical issues; or (d) protect the rights, property, and safety of my customers, or others.
If you reside in certain territories, including the EU, you have a number of rights in relation to your personal information. While some of these rights apply generally, certain rights apply only in certain limited cases. I describe these rights below:
• Access. You may have the right to access and receive a copy of the personal information I hold about you by contacting me using the contact information below.
• Change, restrict, delete. You may also have rights to change, restrict my use of, or delete your personal information. In the absence of exceptional circumstances (like where I am required to store data for legal reasons) I will generally delete your personal information upon request.
• Object. You can object to (i) my processing of some of your information based on my legitimate interests and (ii) receiving marketing messages from me after providing your express consent to receive them. In such cases, I will delete your personal information unless I have compelling and legitimate grounds to continue using that information or if it is needed for legal reasons.
• Complain. If you reside in the EU and wish to raise a concern about my use of your information (and without prejudice to any other rights you may have), you have the right to do so with your local data protection authority.
HOW TO CONTACT ME
For purposes of EU data protection law, I, Grace Abankwa, am the data controller of your personal information. If you have any questions or concerns, you may contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org, or via convo on Etsy.com. Alternately, you may mail me at:
African Beads & Fabrics, P O Box 710, Swansea SA1 9QG, UK